There are a lot of things that I want to do, see, experience in life. As I go along I’ll try to keep track and cross them out. Check out my three lists, that’s right, as if one wasn’t enough!
Texas Bucket List
- Hike the Enchanted Rock
- Kiss a cowboy (a real one, there’s a difference)
- Weekend on the Wine Trail
- Attend one more Stars game
Attend one more Rangers game
- Attend one more rodeo.
- Visit Bastrop
- Visit Luckenbach one more time (it’s the greatest place in Texas)
- Swing on up to Oklahoma to visit Miranda Lambert’s store
- Stay at a ranch
- Float the river
- Visit the Ross Perot Museum
- Visit Cadillac Ranch
- Visit a rattlesnake farm (I say this but I really don’t want to do it.)
- Check out the caves outside of Austin
- See a tornado (yes, I’m serious)
- Make a glass blown ornament in Grapevine
Get this Texas Two Step down
- Get chicken fried steak at Mary’s Restaurant
- Make a mean brisket
- Learn some Southern Cookin’ recipes!
- Buy a piece of Texas furniture.
- Get my picture taken in Bluebonnets!
- Learn how to make sweet tea
28 in 28 List
1. Get Christmas cards out on time! (December 18th counts, right?!)
Visit one new place each month.
August: Gruene, TX
September: Bardstown, KY
October: West End, Dallas, TX
November: Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, TX
December: Grapevine Christmas Wine Train and Farina’s Cafe
January: Random Trip to Austin (Austin in a new way)
February: Texas Hill Country Furniture and Merchantile, Lipan, TX
March: Diana, TX
April: Bastrop, TX
May: Venus, TX
June: Explored new restaurants in Fort Worth
3. Sign up / walk for Alzheimers Walk.
4. Let’s go for 12 crafty projects. (7/12)
5. Start a private blog for my niece. (In Progress)
6. Save money. (In Progress)
7. Get this wardrobe together. (In Progress)
8. Revisit music scene.
9. Run 5k.
10. Get blog to 6,000 views per month. (Getting closer! Come on folks!)
11. Hike Enchanted Rock.
12. Try one twelve new recipes per month. (3/12)
Dr. Pepper Crock Pot Brisket
Broccoli Rice Casserole
13. Organize recipe book.
14. Find a new, more challenging job.
15. Lose 10 pounds.
16. Start etsy shop and sell a photo.
17. Get my picture taken in the bluebonnets!
18. Send one 12 handwritten notes per month. (Check your mailboxes.) (3/12)
19. Get a dog or pet (I’m going to say sea monkey’s count). [This isn't going to happen.]
20. Get a watch.
21. Get a new phone.
22. Find and attend one Texas antique car show.
23. Do something out of the ordinary (for me).
24. Write one children’s book.
25. Go horseback riding / visit a ranch.
26. Go canoeing / kayaking.
27. Keep on traveling! (In Progress)
28. Focus on me. (In Progress)
- Austin City Limits Festival, Austin, Texas (Sept. 2011)
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Telluride, Colorado
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, San Francisco
Visit (This list is never-ending)
- Savannah, Georgia
- Red River, NM
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Yellowstone National Park
- Tour old Southern Plantation homes with Meredith
- Hockey Game in Calgary
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo
- Calgary Stampede
- See a baseball game in every stadium (2/30)
- A Glacier (before they melt)
- Finish 251 Club
Food and Bev
- Great American Beer Festival, Denver, Colorado
- Memphis BBQ Festival
- World Championship Steak Cookoff, Magnolia, Arkansas
- Make this (my love of travel and exploration) into my full-time job.
- Sell one of my photos
- Have a “portfolio”.
- Write an article in a travel magazine.